The East Coast has been having some amazing weather lately. Usually February in WV consists of snow boots and cursing groundhogs. It was 65°F and sunny yesterday. Please, oh please, let this last. (Knock on wood.)
In spirit of the warm weather, I pulled out a skirt from the back of my closet. Thinking back, I probably should have added a choker to this ensemble, considering the second part of this post is my Favorite 90’s jams. Let’s get started!
My gray lace top is from Delias and the skirt is from Aéropostale. Both are simple pieces you can find literally anywhere. You won’t look like a teenage dirtbag (baby) in this outfit 😉
I was trying to find a way to change topics smoothly, but I think I kinda failed. RIP.
Here are my TOP 10 90’s (or almost 90’s) tracks I’ve been listening to on repeat.
- Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus. Before anyone points it out, I am perfectly aware that this was released in 2000, but have you watched the video? “Total 90’s vibes”, says the girl born in 2001.
- Everlong (or anything by Foo Fighters). Now don’t get me wrong, Nirvana was great. But Foo Fighters is FANTASTIC. Dave Grohl is an insane singer/songwriter/drummer/everything else you can be musically inclined to. You can’t tell me you don’t jam out when a Foo Fighters song comes on.
- The Man Who Sold The World by Nirvana. 1. because I feel to cliché to put Smells Like Teen Spirit and 2. have you ever heard a person sound as good live as Kurt Cobain?
- Wannabe by the Spice Girls. If I’m making the ultimate 90’s jam playlist, how could I leave the spiciest girls off the list?
- All Star by Smash Mouth. It’s basically an unspoken rule that any song that ends up in Shrek is pushed to instant popularity.
- I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston. The ultimate power ballad. ‘Nuff said.
- The Entire Zooropa Album by U2. Anything by the greatest band to come upon the Earth is *woah* but Zooropa was especially wonderful.
- …Baby One More Time by Britney Spears. It’s Britney.. baby.
- Creep by Radiohead. This song does belong here.
- No Diggity by Backstreet. No doubt. Plus that Pitch Perfect remix.
Make sure to tell me any that I left off. See you Friday!
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Philippians 4:23