Yesterday was the totally monumental milestone of your Sweet 16 for me. I’m officially one year older, and hopefully wiser. I suppose only time will tell for that one.
Today I was feeling a bit reflective, so I’m coming at you with 16 things I’ve learned in 16 years.
One thing before we get started, I couldn’t decide if it should be 15 things I’ve learned because I just turned 16 so I just went with it. Ready or not, here we gooooooo!
- School is definitely important, but not the most important.
- Learn how to parallel park to past your drivers test, but after that just keeping driving until you don’t have to anymore.
- Work hard even when you feel like giving up. The feeling when you reach the end is indescribable.
- Stress is bad for your skin, so chill out.
- Learn how to love yourself before you worry about loving someone else.
- You’re not gonna stay single forever, but honestly who cares if you did?
- Do what makes you happy even if people don’t understand why.
- Try on group projects. No one wants to partner with someone who puts more effort into getting out of work than the whole group puts into working on it.
- Set your goals as high you can dream.
- Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion, but don’t forget to be tolerant.
- An open mind will get you farther than a closed mind ever will.
- You are never too old for a good Disney movie.
- Don’t be afraid to make the first move.
- Love and appreciate your friends.
- Be spontaneous.
- You have the opportunity to learn new things everywhere you go. Be sure you’re actually living and not just going through the motions.
Also, wear what makes you happy. This shirt definitely makes me happy.
Top: Altar’d State
I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:1-2